MadBlather
March 28, 2024, 08:48:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Post for 'Stuff for sale'??

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Post for 'Stuff for sale'??  (Read 255 times)
PungentOnion

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2011, 02:33:45 pm »

A few recent posts suggested that good gaming gear was heading off to aynonomous places, and probably for less than what it's really worth. Is there any interest in having a post for listing things you may want to unload to see if everyone can benefit? It's kind a of a small group really, but at least we know we wont get ripped off anyway.

We could even take the idea a step further, and if there's something you're looking for you can post that and if someone randomly has it or runs across it they can pass on the goods or info. I see all kinds of stuff on Craig's List and Ebay that I don't need (want maybe, but don't need) and if there was someone else I could share that with then all my surfing time will not be quite as much of a waste.

MP - Delete my blathering post if you don't want this to become some cheap bulletin board for classifieds.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 04:57:10 pm »

I'm all about the cheap classified so that sounds OK by me.  Although since there are really only 3 of us on this whole cruise ship the inventory might be a little on the light side. But still sounds good. Although for me I'd be more interested in trades than sales.

I'll put my trade bait list up on here. I already traded a little of it away to Fallguy earlier. You ever even play the Virtua Tennis FallGuy?
Report Spam   Logged
PungentOnion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 07:23:26 pm »

You ever even play the Virtua Tennis FallGuy?

MP tried to pawn that off on me too....didn't stick.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 09:08:35 pm »

Hey dude, Virtua Tennis kicks ass!  I only traded it cuz the 360 version was superior since for some insane reason the ps3 didn't offer online play
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 09:38:03 pm »

I have played a little Virtua Tennis. It seems pretty good but I haven't played much of it. I haven't tried Fight Night yet at all. I should give it a go. I remember playing it once against you a couple of years ago.

Report Spam   Logged
PungentOnion

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 09:49:14 am »

No reason for this perfectly good topic to go to waste. So, while I don't have anything I'm planning to part with right now, I thought I would add the first level 'wish list' and maybe someone is looking to unload a few things. This is mainly related to my semi-recent buying binge of old systems......although most were without any of those crazy controls; turn's out they're pretty important when it comes to actually playing the games. So, I need:
- At least one more xbox controller. I have two, but one is not working so well.
- Controllers for PS2, PS1, SNES, and N64 (seeing a trend?)
- Wii nun-chucks (the ones I had seem to have walked-off....bizarre!!)
- Possibly games for all of the above. Don't know what I'm looking for yet, but you've got to start somewhere.

I may figure out that I also need some cables to hook this stuff up, but I'll have to check on that.

I am half-way interested in messing around with trying to fix some old systems too (although, once I start I may find out I'm not that interested). So, if you have some old broken stuff that you just never plan on fixing, let me know.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 10:58:41 am »

I have some PS1 controllers around here. In fact I've got a complete PS1 minus the power cord. It got lost during a move. You can have it if you want.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 12:35:30 am »

I'm pretty sure I have 1 or 2 extra N64 controllers. I'll have to go digging in my office closet to be sure though. No extras on the others though. If you are interested in Shadow of the Collosus for PS2 that would be trade bait from me. The general concensus among the gaming community is that it is awesome but for full disclosure I'll say that I found it rather boring and it sounded like FG40 was in agreement with that.

FG40 - I actually owe you a game since you gave me your extra copy of LBP gratis - but since you don't have any old systems running and are no longer backwards-compatible on your PS3 that means it will have to be a PS3 title and you've got pretty much everything I have plus some!  You said you bought MGSIV right?  Didn't you say something at one point about considering re-buying Resistance 2 to replay it? 
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 10:08:28 am »

I was considering replaying Resistance 2 since I had gone back and replayed RFOM recently, but I probably won't at this point. There are too many games coming down the pike. LBP2 arrives tomorrow (I preordered the special edition with bookends and a Sackboy plushie), and I still have plenty to go in Gran Turismo.

I'm going to have to wait on Dead Space 2 at this point. Maybe it can be a future borrow from you. I would also like to try Mass Effect 2, but no time right now.

Don't worry about giving me a game. LBP is my gift to you. You just have to promise to actually play it at some point, preferably online with me as there are some areas in the original story that I couldn't get to since I didn't have 4 players playing. Also, you have to play and heart the lame level I published.

Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 11:19:44 am »

I promise to actually play it at some point including some online with you. Smiley

Oh and I will definitely check out Cavern of Doom (I think that's what your level was called). I guess since LBP2 is out now with more advanced level editing features that will be your only LBP title to be released.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 12:03:38 pm »

From what I hear, the new level editing tools are easier to work with and the possibilities more varied. I've already seen that one of the biggest new changes is the ability to create cut scenes. Now storytelling can be taken to the next level.

Perhaps I can ressurect my Space Taxi homage or my Count of Monte Cristo level.

BTW, it was Cavern of No Return.   Wink

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: