MadBlather
March 29, 2024, 10:04:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Completed Games

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Completed Games  (Read 825 times)
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 04:15:20 pm »

well that blows
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 04:08:12 pm »

OK, I've finished off Ratchet & Clank Future: Crack in Time.  I pretty much marathoned it this weekend to get it done. This may be the best way to play an R&C game as I was able to follow the story better.

I liked it better than TOL although they aren't too different at all. I give the nod to CIT for the time puzzles, trophies, and more of of Capt. Qwark and Dr. Nefarious.

I'll give it a 9.0. It's basically a cartoon Uncharted.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 04:25:21 pm »

I agree with those points 100%.  A few of those time-puzzles were the most challenging parts of the entire game so they added a nice and different piece to it. The fighting parts were pretty simple for the most part. Agree with the rating too I think - right around there.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 05:30:02 pm »

I'm probably not completely done with R&CF: CIT though. I need to go back to the fight arena and win a raritonium medal for the fourth series of fights and while there I need to try to get a score of over 10,000 on the "My Blaster Runs Hot" video game.
Report Spam   Logged
desertnice

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 01:09:09 pm »

Well the first ever game i completed was Mario.. long back...i still cherish the winning feeling. Smiley
Ok back to subject. Recently i completed LOTR Online and U3. and some other 2d car and bike racing games...
Will take a break for a while now.

You Guys Rock!! Hard core gamers..Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

“To win you've got to stay in the game.”
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 01:15:01 am »

I also completed Uncharted 3 not too long ago but I never did complete Super Mario Bros or even really play it all that much. It's one of those games that is considered a classic that I always meant to go back to and complete one of these days but never have so far.

I kinda forgot about this thread - in addition to U3, since I last posted on here I have completed Dead Space 2, Gears of War 3 and Batman Arkham City. I think that more or less gets me up to date.

Thanks for the comments Desertnice!  Have you checked out the blog?  If not give it a go sometime - http://madplanetsgameroom.blogspot.com/
Report Spam   Logged
desertnice

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 03:29:13 am »

This thread actually attracted my attention as i am really a slow player and love to enjoy my every win.
It gives me a sense of achievement too. And maybe that is the reason i always finish a game.

Thanks for the link MP, though i haven't checked all the posts, it sure is amazing.
Seems like one more spidy fan is in here.
Report Spam   Logged

“To win you've got to stay in the game.”
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 11:44:06 am »

I finished up Spider-Man Edge of Time last weekend. I thought it was decent but if I wasn't such a big Spider-Man fan I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did. Flawed to be sure but not bad enough to earn the 58 that Metacritic lists. I'd say more like 6.9-7.0 - something like that for me.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2012, 01:18:49 pm »

So, what will be next on your list? 

I think I'm about 3/4 through Mass Effect 2. I'm guessing I'll be done with it within the week. I will want to play part 3, but probably not immediately. That would be too much Mass Effect.

I downloaded another PS+ title that I'll probably never get to, the latest being Need for Speed Shift 2. It seems to be a Gran Turismo sim racer. I'll check it out eventually, but once ME2 is done, I'm going to play the free Sly Cooper game they gave out a while back.

Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2012, 01:49:53 pm »

I dunno - I might pick up Mass Effect 2 also. Always wanted to try it. or I might just work on some of the ones already in the queue. Or maybe I'll crack open some old stuff. Speaking of which I saw a boxed copy of Space Taxi for C64 for sale on eBay last week and REALLY wanted to buy - and I was halfway thinking about it when the price was already up to $81 but do you know how much it sold for?  Like $350! Well I guess I'll never own the real thing on that game. I'll just have to get a copy - which is all I had back in the day anyway
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2012, 02:25:12 pm »

I've  definitely enjoyed ME2. The story is really good.  Some of the parts get a little repetitive, but I suppose most games are like that. The missions are much more linear than Fallout although you can play a lot of the missions in the order of your choosing.

The only part for me that gets a little old is that you have to constantly send out these planetary probes to acquire natural resources for upgrades. I hope they change that for the 3rd game.

You'll see some story similarity to Resistance and also to the Star Trek Borg storyline.

Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2012, 04:25:29 pm »

Mass Effect 2 is now complete. One of the better games I've played on the PS3. A 9+ game for sure. 

Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2012, 06:31:37 pm »

cool - I plan on checking it out pretty soon myself.  I've been watching the Astros, went to opening day. So far they look better than you would have guessed. I mean they will still most likely finish well below 500 but I'm gonna keep watching anyway. Playing the Marlins tonight - their uniforms look ridiculous to me.  Guess you don't have any interest in MLB the Show 2012 huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2012, 07:37:05 pm »

I might consider the show this year since I skipped last year. 

I saw the Astros in their Colts uniforms the other night. Those looked pretty cool. The new Marlins uniforms are a little loud. They tried to add some South Beach color to their look. I'm not real jazzed on the pending move to the AL West though. The Brewers should have been sent back to the AL.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2012, 10:03:03 pm »

you heard about how MLB tried to force them to remove the gun from the Colt 45 jersey at first didn't you? It looked pretty generic without the gun there for the C-smoke to be wisping out of. But MLB relented. I get the cultural influence on the new Marlins uni but I think it looks pretty lame. 

Yeah I'm not sure why the Astros have to go to the AL when the Brewers could just as easily have gone back where they came from but oh well.  If nothing else it will be something new to keep some level of interest up when they are struggling I suppose. Or then again the interest level may be lower since we won't be playing the Cards, Cubs, Braves, Reds etc that I'm used to playing.  We'll see I guess. 

Let me know if you want to pull the trigger on the new MLB and I'll do it to. if you don't want to that's OK but if you want to I will too.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: