MadBlather
April 19, 2024, 08:11:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What Are You Playing Right Now?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are You Playing Right Now?  (Read 2680 times)
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 11:58:49 am »

The problem with these best of lists is that it's really splitting hairs to pick one over another in a lot of cases. Sometimes the winner is just the most recent one I played because it's fresh. At this point, it's been a long time since I played FOM.  All those games are good.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 01:38:43 pm »

Been real busy at work so not playing a whole lot - but I'm still plugging away at Red Dead Redemption. I don't hate it, but I'm not that excited about it either - maybe like a 7.0 for me. I'm about ready to move on to Tomb Raider Underworld but not quite ready to give up yet.  This morning I played a couple games of Robotron on the MAME cab while I was waiting for my coffee to finish brewing.  That is the perfect game if you don't have that much time to play because it doesn't take very long before you lose all you guys - at least not for me.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 01:41:17 pm »

Oh - I almost forgot - a few days ago I played an all-time favorite of mine = Earl Weaver Baseball.  I gave my original copy away long ago but managed to find a working copy online and still had my copy of the security code copy protection wheel so I played a couple of games. Even though it was against the computer I still enjoyed it.  I maintain that it would still be enjoyable if I played another person but it's hard to gauge how much fun it would be to someone that NEVER played it before and couldn't draw from that nostalgia.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 06:32:50 pm »

Still playing R&C Future: Tools of Destruction mixed with some COD Modern Warfare 2. Good old multiplayer deathmatch never totally gets old so long as you take a break from the game every so often.

I finished Point Lookout Fallout 3 dlc. Pretty much more of the same but fun as always. I started to go after all 20 bobble heads but discovered that I didn't get the Vault 101 bobblehead while I had the chance or the Megaton one before detonating the bomb, so my bobblehead set will always be incomplete. AND I'M NOT STARTING OVER AGAIN JUST TO COLLECT BOBBLEHEADS!

My baseball game nostalgia never included Earl; just Hardball!
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 07:05:17 pm »

...predicted quote in this forum from Fallguy40 sometime next month - "Today I restarted Fallout 3 to complete my bobblehead collection".
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 10:05:00 pm »

I know. It's pathetic really that I'll be starting over to collect the bobbleheads.  Embarrassed

By the way, I read today that PS3's version of Lara Croft will launch w/o the co-op mode because it's supposedly still not ready yet. That's what they did with the 360 version but their co-op mode becomes available either this week or the day the ps3 version launches. Sounds like another timed exclusive thing to me. Either that or they rushed the game out.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 10:31:54 pm »

yeah I read that too - I'll just wait till they get all the bugs worked out before buying. It's not like we don't already plenty of games to play.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2010, 07:56:22 pm »

Officially took RDR out of the PS3 today. Might go back to it later, but for now I'm playing other stuff. Tried out a used PS2 bargain bin game called Splashdown - an arcadey jetski game. It was OK at best (guess there's a reason they sold it to me for $2).
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2010, 09:14:33 am »

Playing a lot of Modern Warfare 2 again. Trying to get my mad skillz back before Black Ops comes out. I've discovered that the only players still playing MW2 are the bad asses that never stopped playing it and I'm getting slaughtered.

LittleBigPlanet 2 has been delayed from November to January so now I can devote my full attention to COD in November.

I tried out Shadow of the Collossus the other day. I gotta say that my first impression wasn't that great. I'll give it more time though once I'm done with R&C. If I can't get into it, then I'm going to move on to RE4
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 11:16:44 am »

I enjoyed MW2, but I doubt seriously if I am going to be getting Black Ops. At least not for a good long while. I still feel a little burned out on shooters in general and on the COD line specifically.

As you know I was fairly unimpressed with Collossus, but from what I've read the rest of the world loved it and there was a lot of exploring so I thought you might enjoy it. The battles were pretty cool, but at all the endless riding around searching for those damn things just sucked the life out of me.

Now RE4 on the other hand - I loved that game when I played the PS2 version and it is one of those games that always appears on the all-time greatest games lists.  And the Wii version is supposedly a slight notch up in graphics and more importantly lets you shoot with your gun and slash by slashing the nunchak. I played through some of it and it seemed like it worked very well.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2010, 04:08:53 pm »

The exploring is only cool if there is something to find.

BTW, I tried the demo to NBA Elite and wasn't that crazy about the controls. Have you tried it?
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2010, 06:59:12 pm »

basketball game update: it's now been announced we can get NBA Jam before Christmas as a standalone product on the PS3. Also announced: NBA Elite has been delayed.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2010, 10:16:31 pm »

Nope I haven't tried the Elite demo yet, but if we can get Jam standalone by December my interest in Elite just dropped WAY down.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 09:16:05 am »

Yeah mine too. No need for elite anymore.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2010, 05:47:01 pm »

Firebug - don't knock it till you've tried it
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: