MadBlather
March 28, 2024, 02:03:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What Are You Playing Right Now?

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are You Playing Right Now?  (Read 2679 times)
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: May 09, 2012, 11:13:25 am »

OK I officially gave up on analog + zone and restarted my RTTS career. I was batting around 0.140 and just striking out left and right and not enjoying myself at all!  I didn't switch all the way back to timing alone but went with zone+timing so you control the zone with the left joystick and the classic button controls for the swings. Right now I'm not even using the zone controls at all yet but I figure I will eventually. After a few games I'm batting... around 0.140.  What the hell!? I'm in a slump.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 09, 2012, 11:32:48 am »

Yeah, I haven't had a hit in probably my last 25 at bats although I'm not striking out all that much.  Have  you adjusted the sliders at all?
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: May 09, 2012, 11:42:51 am »

I strike out on sliders all the time that's about it.  The only sliders I've ever screwed with are the contact/power stuff when I first created my player.  What settings are you playing on and did you adjust sliders?  I was doing pretty good at the analog hitting until I hit a wall and now it's just pathetic.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 09, 2012, 12:40:09 pm »

I adjusted the game sliders to make it more hitter friendly, although its still pretty dang hard. I have hit that wall too. My character was batting like .360 just recently and now I'm at .213. It gets frustrating.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: May 15, 2012, 01:41:25 am »

This game is infuriating - I just cannot hit freaking AAA pitching!  I tried adjusting my sliders before and I seemed to improve so I restarted with default sliders and once again I did great at AA and pretty good at AAA for a bit and then plummeted. And this is only at the All-Star level or whatever - there are still 2 levels of difficulty above this!  The guys that are really good at this game at those higher difficulty levels must just have insanely good eyes at the plate. I might as well have my eyes closed when I swing and just use the force because I strike out like a son of a ****.

If this game had any realistic stats/managerial engine at all they would have shipped my ass back down to AA some time ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 15, 2012, 06:05:23 am »

I adjusted the sliders for both my hitting and AI pitching and I'm finally starting to hit pretty well on the major league level. I just completed a season at .290 with about 25 homers. We will see if it can last. One thing I did to speed RTTS along is I adjusted the game so that all I do is hit. I don't run the bases; I don't field. That helps you to get through a season more quickly and build up your character.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: May 15, 2012, 12:00:51 pm »

I hate to adjust the sliders and leave them that way but I guess I am going to go back and do that. It is just flat out frustrating otherwise. Either that or I may go back to pitching - I can pitch much better than I can hit.  I might cut out the fielding and running too. I hate to keep lopping off features but fielding is brainlessly simple 95% of the time and baserunning is mostly standing watching the batter foul off pitches punctuated by episodes where I accidentally start running backwards and then caught up between bases and tagged out. The only fun thing about baserunning is stealing bases and I was 2 out of 3 on that even though I'm pretty slow but the manager got pissed at me and benched me for running. I even ran again after he took away my green light and he benched me for like 2 weeks and warned me not to do it again or he was gonna ship my ass back to AA. 

Oh and in case I forgot to mention it before I went all the way back to strictly timing on the batting - no analog no zone just hit the button.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 15, 2012, 03:39:37 pm »

Yeah, I'm doing just timing too. They make this game just too hard. The only people who can hit the ball on normal settings are actual major league ballplayers.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: May 18, 2012, 12:47:16 pm »

I moved all my batting sliders up to max - wow it DEFINITELY makes a difference.  The RTTS is so much more enjoyable when you are the hero most of the time instead of a big fat loser. I even got invited to the bigs for a cup of cofee after only 1 or 2 games in AAA, but the manager only gave me like 4 pinch hits in the show and I got 1 hit so I couldn't get any training points and then he sent my ass back down because I was "struggling" and ignoring my advancement goals - what the hell? Talk about unfair!  So now I'm in AAA again and pretty much crushing the ball.

Speaking of crushing the ball - have you seen Josh Hamilton's numbers for the Rangers? He is completely DESTROYING it. If he can keep a pace even remotely close to his current pace he'll walk away with the triple crown.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 22, 2012, 07:38:37 am »

Josh Hamilton is a bad ass. Did you see  that Lance Berkman tore his ACL? From his comments, it doesn't sound like he's unsure if he wants to put in the work to rehab and get back.

Have you made it back to the bigs yet?

Sorry I haven't been available much lately to try an online game. Maybe over the weekend sometime if you are going to be around.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: May 22, 2012, 09:22:33 am »

ouch - at his age that might be it. Although changing teams did kick start him again so who knows. I knew he was out of the lineup but didn't know what happened. bet he gets chunky again and ends up hanging it up.

I made it back to the bigs when they expanded the roster for the playoffs and got a few hits in limited play now it is Spring training. I was hitting the ball so well in AAA I was starting to think maybe I should bump the sliders back a little but so far every time I actually start hitting big league pitching my hitting drops accordingly so I guess I'll leave it where it is.  Right now we are in Spring training for 2013. I took your tip and switched to hitting only and it makes the games go much faster. If I can ever get enough speed and baserunning ability built up where the coach gives me the green light I might turn the baserunning back on - I kind of like trying to steal bases. Running and fielding to definitely make the game take a lot longer though.

I don't think we are going anywhere over the weekend so I should be home to play some online. Although if you want to try some during the week just let me know.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 22, 2012, 11:24:39 am »

Lately, I 've hardly been home during the week to play any. We've had a lot going on with softball and such.

When does free agency kick in?  My character is 4 years in the bigs. I was just traded back to the Red Sox from the Mariners. I was originally drafted by the Red Sox.  I'll probably sign with the Astros once I become a free agent.

I will probably be in Houston sometime in June. We'll have to get together.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: May 22, 2012, 12:11:09 pm »

I don't have a clue about the rules on free agency.  I'm on the Diamondbacks at shortstop during spring training and I saw that their SS retired so maybe I will start the year in the bigs when spring training is over.

A June get-together would be cool.  I'll be out on a couple of the weekends though - one weekend around the 5th we are going to Galveston to hang out with my sister at their timeshare and one weekend around June 14 we might go out of town for our anniversary. Both those dates are mid-week so I'm not sure which weekend but somewhere in there. Any idea when in June you might be here?
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 22, 2012, 12:40:16 pm »

I'm not  sure yet. I'll update you when I know.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 23, 2012, 02:13:15 pm »

Did you ever get back to New Vegas?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26
  Print  

Jump to: