MadBlather
April 19, 2024, 10:23:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Anticipated Games

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Anticipated Games  (Read 1385 times)
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: March 15, 2011, 12:55:46 pm »

Thought I'd break out a new topic to hold any talk about upcoming games that we might want to get because I just saw the new gameplay footage of Batman Arkham City set to release in October and I must say I am quite looking forward to that game.  I rarely get that excited about getting new games right off the bat (heh) but I'm pretty sure this one will be a day one purchase for me just like the first one was (accidentally that time).
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 02:11:02 pm »

Bat, ha!. I see what you did there.

Arkham is a day 1 buy for sure. Right now, the next one I'm excited about getting is LA Noire.

I hear that Motorstorm Apocalypse may get delayed due to sensitivity issues with its setting and the recent tragic events in Japan.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 03:22:59 pm »

Yeah I'm also looking forward to Noir. Based on the videos I've seen it looks like it has the potential to be the first Rockstar game that I will really like. I'm certainly intrigued anyway. not sure if it will be a day 1 purchase or not but I'm definitely planning on getting it early on.

Yeah I heard that about Motorstorm Apocalypse too.  I think there were a couple other games going that same route as well.  Reading into that actually forced me to investigate Apocaplypse more closely and it sounds pretty cool.  I might have to go back to the Motorstorm well again after skipping Pacific Rift.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 03:38:51 pm »

I'm concerned for you regarding LA Noire as your comments sound strangly similar to last year's Red Dead Redemption. Then you played it and didn't care for it.

You should check out Pacific Rift. I'll bet you can get a used copy these days for around $20. It's definitely worth it for short bursts of gaming.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 03:50:10 pm »

It's definitely a risk. But it looked like Noir was more story-driven and character-focused than RDR which to me just seemed a bit like a bunch of mini-missions sewn together in a somewhat haphazard fashion.  I like the look of Noir too and apparently a large part of the game is reading characters' facial expressions and trying to sleuth your way through it.  Pretty much the only parts of RDR that I liked were the gunfights and even those started feeling like retreads to me after a while. And it started bugging me how they kept hitting that same stupid scene on the trail where that dumb woman is pretending to be robbed while her criminal buddies are laying in wait to kill you when you come by.  It gave me a little satisfaction putting a bullet in her head but after a while I even got tired of doing that.  Even so it's not like I HATED it I was just pretty meh about it.

But you're right, it wouldn't surprise me at all if I was meh about Noir too. But I'll give 'er a shot!

I think I would have come away with a much more positive experience from RDR if only the game would have allowed me to put a bullet in that bossy **** Bonnie's brainpan.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 03:01:06 pm »

Ever played Portal? They've got Portal 2 coming out for PS3 this year. It has a lot of hype but I don't know anything about it.

Twisted Metal is supposed to come out this year sometime as well.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 03:08:22 pm »

No, I've never played it although I heard so many good things about it and Half Life that I bought the Orange Box compilation a while back - it is one of the dozen or so games I have in my queue to get around to playing at some point.

I heard they were coming out with the new Twisted Metal and I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I remember really enjoying playing the first one back on your PS1 but TM Black didn't do much for me at all. I've got such a backlog right now of games to play I'm not sure if Twisted Metal makes the cut or not.  What do you think? Worth getting to try out some online?
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 03:24:11 pm »

I don't know yet. I'd have to see some more about it. I could see it being fun, but you're right TM Black was a little disappointing.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 10:48:02 am »

I saw that Outland finally released on the PSN Store. Are you going to get it?  $9.99.  I think I will get it.

I'm also planning to get Infamous 2. 

How about Motorstorm Apocolypse?  Anybody thinking about getting that?  It looks pretty cool to me.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 11:53:45 am »

I'm going to hold off on Outland for now until I finish up some other games.

I've still got one DLC case to finish on Noire and Dead Nation to play, as well as Abe's Exodus.

I'm thinking of waiting a little bit on Motorstorm until the price comes down unless I catch it on sale. I was really fired up about buying  it at first before it got delayed. I had even replayed through Motorstorm 2 in anticipation. Instead I ended up spending the money on Tiger Woods 12.

There are too many games this year. I have managed to NOT buy the latest Black Ops mappack so that feels like a victory to me.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 12:00:51 pm »

yeah that's smart - I've got tons of games in the queue too and you know the prices are only going to go down.  If you aren't going to get Apocolypse I suppose I will wait too.

I should hold off on Outland too, but I'm tempted to grab it since it is pretty cheap.  I do have to focus somewhat on Exodus though - I've officially got 20 days left to complete it.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 12:35:23 pm »

I take it you are not going to be renewing PS+ then?
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 12:52:41 pm »

ah I don't know - maybe. I haven't decided. I just figured I'd try to finish it just in case.  If you let your subscription lapse so that your games become inactive or whatever, but later you start back up again do all your freebie PS+ games become playable again?
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 12:57:19 pm »

Yeah, they are supposed to reactivate. Just don't delete them I suppose.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 05:07:01 pm »

I saw a couple of other potential cheap buys on PSN today - Braid for $3.75 and 1942: Joint Strike for $4.99.  Braid was a huge hit for the 360. Although I played the demo and was left feeling a little meh so maybe not even for $3.75 for me but you might like it.  Any time I see a game for under $5 that I am even remotely interested in it gets me thinking about it
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: