MadBlather
April 18, 2024, 05:14:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Anticipated Games

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Anticipated Games  (Read 1383 times)
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 07:54:00 pm »

I think that price is one of those PS+ discounts. I saw that yesterday and thought about downloading it even though I know nothing about the game.

I bought Uno for the PSP once because they discounted it to $0.99 from like $7. It's hard to pass up a game for 99 cents.

Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 09:57:02 pm »

By the way, I was just perusing the PS3 top 100 selling games on Amazon.com and Motorstorm Apocalypse wasn't even in the top 100. That's pretty bad for a brand-new game. Give it a month and we'll be able to buy that one for 1/2 off.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 09:10:27 am »

By the way, Vector TD can be downloaded and played on the ....gasp....Iphone. That's right, it's a phone game.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 11:49:22 am »

I kinda figured it was available as a phone game - there's not very much to it.  I still wouldn't play it on a bus though. Maybe on the can.

I tried playing a higher level on it and of course lost but now that I finally beat that 1 level it has lost some of its allure for me. I bet a lot of those minis are available as phone games.  I tried that King of Blocks or whatever yesterday. Nifty little physics-based minigame. Not bad but didn't exactly grab me.

Yeah that whole Japan earthquake thing really screwed Apocolypse. It was relatively well anticipated until they delayed it out of PC respect to the earthquake victims. Then when they finally released it everyone seemed to pretty much ignore it. It's like they were afraid to advertise it. So it has been really quiet.  And that's good since like you said we can pick it up on the cheap in a month or 2.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 11:08:22 am »

Any interest in Dead Island?  http://deadisland.deepsilver.com/deadisland.php

Looks like a 4-player co-op open-worldish zombie game.  A lot like Left 4 Dead except available on PS3 so we could get it if you were interested.  I just heard about this game today but is apparently set to release in a month and looks intriguing to me IF you want to try it out too for some co-op play.  The single-player mode on Left 4 Dead was rather lackluster since the game focus is on co-op play - I assume this would be the same.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 11:48:28 am »

I have a zombie game from PSN called Dead Nation. I wonder if this is a sequel? I got it as one of the network outage free games. It has a co op mode for 2 people. It's pretty decent. I might be interested. You still thinking of getting the R&C co-op game?
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 11:53:14 am »

I should have gotten Dead Nation too instead of the racer I got that I can't even remember the name of offhand. It was pretty meh. I did enjoy my other one though Stardust HD - did you ever try more to beat my high score?  I'm not playing it again until you do!

I don't think Dead Island is associated with Dead Nation. Supposedly it has been in the works for several years and got delayed etc. But I don't really know.

I would still get the R&C co-op game. Basically just looking for something like that that will be fun for just our small group without the full-on deathmatch stuff where I have to listen to a giant group of idiots.  Like I said I do have Left 4 Dead and I can see where it would be a lot of fun with your friends but of course no one I know has an Xbox 360.  Although come to think of it Eric recently bought one so that might be a possibility.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 12:47:36 pm »

I haven't tried Stardust in a couple of weeks, but I can't seem to get anywhere near your score.

Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 01:09:04 pm »

Fair enough - just get your arcade stick then and try to hit some new high scores on some of those games so I can stop chastising you about it!
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 04:31:21 pm »

working on it. Hey, I played Nibbler. That ought to be worth something!
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 04:42:50 pm »

<bing> You just acquired the Nibbler trophy!

And it's a platinum. If you play it you get the plat - that's how it works.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 02:26:34 pm »

Um... I may have waited to long to get Borderlands - Gears of War 3 is only a week out!
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2011, 07:41:39 pm »

Oh that's right. Well, I guess we can check out Borderlands or something else once your done with Gears.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2011, 09:20:57 pm »

Sounds good. I really want to play GOW3 and Borderlands isn't going anywhere. I'll still get though
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2011, 05:34:29 pm »

Of course keep in mind that Batman Arkham City hits Oct. 18 and Uncharted 3 November 1 so that is a pretty small window you've got there after Gears of War.

While you're playing Gears, I might get Resistance 3 and check it out.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: