MadBlather
April 19, 2024, 12:22:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Anticipated Games

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anticipated Games  (Read 1384 times)
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2012, 09:21:01 am »

it was a Craigslist find. A guy in Dallas who had a bunch of storage units filled with old arcade games was trying to get rid of some to consolidate. it was pretty crazy - most of them had like a thick layer of dust on them and to see anything past the first row of machines you actually had to climb over machines to check them out. I paid a little more than I had in mind but I think it was still an OK price "market-value" wise but the real kicker was that I had driven my brother-in-law's pickup truck all the way up there in case I won or bought something, Onion had already purchased an old pinball machine which was in the truck bed, and we ended up sitting in a traffic jam for like 2 hours from some big accident on our way to this guy's storage area that I couldn't even bail out of because everything was so gridlocked. So I pretty much told myself unless the price was just crazy or the game was in bad condition I wasn't going to go home empty-handed. and the game is in pretty good condition given it's age. I do need to get it home and get it cleaned up though - right now it is parked in Onion's garage.

Yeah the Spidey game is not a real big mover/shaker on the games scene. It only scored a 58 on Metacritic and although I admit it isn't that great, I don't think it is that bad. I'd give it something like a 7 or something like that - but I like Spider-Man so I can see where the typical gamer would hit the 6's. It's pretty much a God of War type of game which of course has been done a lot, but actually I like the way they utilized the web swinging and shoot and moving etc - it seems like the game could have been a lot better with just some tweaks here and there.

Well anyway the next question is, if your rationale for skipping ME1 and going straight to ME2 is sound, should I also skip ME2 and go straight to ME3?
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2012, 12:02:26 pm »

I don't know if you can jump right in at ME3 or not. Given your backlog and limited console time, I can see why you would need to boil it down to the most essential game in the trilogy. I don't have any way of judging which one that is.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2012, 12:46:38 pm »

well would you say that ME2 is a 9+ for you? In the shouldn't be missed category?
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2012, 02:45:16 pm »

Probably about a 9 I think. They have a one game hour trial for it on PS+. You should try it out and see whatyou think.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2012, 02:48:15 pm »

I actually already downloaded it weeks ago, I just haven't gotten around to installing it yet
Report Spam   Logged
Allminer

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2012, 05:13:33 am »

It is very exciting to play different games and when playing the games as of the anticipatory one will be more delightful to everybody.
low carb recipes
Report Spam   Logged

TrishaSantos

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2013, 03:25:46 am »

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: