MadBlather
April 19, 2024, 11:12:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Abe's Exodus

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Abe's Exodus  (Read 1362 times)
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: June 15, 2011, 10:46:21 am »

Yo FG - did you play any more on Abe after the group of drunk guys you couldn't do anything with yet?  I played a while on it last night and got a ways past that part, but still don't have what I need to sober those guys up yet.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 11:49:08 am »

I didn't get to play it yesterday. I'll play some tonight on it. Did you download Streets of Rage 2 through PS+ yesterday?
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 11:58:16 am »

no I didn't get SOR2.  I assume it is a PS+ freebie?  How do you get notified of the freebies?  I've never been a huge brawler/beat 'em up fan but I'll DL and give it a try.  I tried Sonic 2 and determined that I still don't care for Sonic.  It's such an iconic series for Sega that I keep wanting to play through the original game but I just don't think it will ever happen for me.

I played some more Vector TD on my PSP. That stupid game is addictive. I might have to actually buy it.  I don't think I've ever played a so-called "tower defense" game before. Maybe I'll check into them a little more because it seems like I may like them.  Maybe I should checkout that Starcraft franchise that I've heard so much about.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 12:34:08 pm »

There's another good tower defense mini called Field Runners. They gave that onne away early on PS+. Popcap makes one called Plants Vs. Zombies. I think there's a demo for that one.

I agree on Sonic. I've tried them and they just aren't all that fun.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 12:51:06 pm »

oh I've heard of that plants vs. zombies game. I didn't realize it was that type of game. I thought it was more of a dual stick shooter.  Might have to check it out!
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 02:43:34 pm »

As for getting notified of the freebies, the PSN updates every Tuesday. Every other Tuesday they add content for PS+
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 03:15:18 pm »

what's the deal with Tuesdays?  New DVDs are released on Tuesdays too.  Why not Monday?  Or Fri/Sat?
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 11:11:46 pm »

I played some more Abe today.  Have you gotten to the part where you get in the mine car and roll around yet?
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 06:27:25 am »

Not yet, though I am in the mines so I am probably pretty close to that. I just finished the part where you throw the rocks to detonate the mines.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 11:37:52 am »

messed around with Abe anymore since the save disaster?  I've played it some more and got to a part where you can possess those creepy dudes with the machine guns by chanting which sends your soul into them and you can walk them around and shoot the other bad guys. Also there is both foreground and background action in these levels. I think level 7 or maybe 8.

What are the odds that you are going to restart? Minimal or decent?
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 03:10:33 pm »

Odds are decent. I wouldn't think it would take me that long to get back to the mines where I was. I was just before the part where you get into the mine cart that you were askng me about.

What happened is that I set off a motion sensor just before that and jumped down to the lower level to avoid the gun-toting guard, but in the process the lower level guard was also alerted and he walks into my screen and shoots me. I can't go up, I can't go left, I can only go towards the awoken guard with a gun, and in between us are 3 or 4 mines.

I just haven't been home the past few nights to play any.

Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 03:30:18 pm »

hmm - I assume there are no shadows to hide in.  Even if you just stand still and maybe hold the L2 tiptoe button he still shoots you? 

Do you have a rock you could try and throw at the mine to explode it while he is near it to kill him?

Only other thing I can think og is to try chanting and see if you can possess him and walk him into the mines.  The only problem is that it takes a few seconds to possess them and he will probably shoot you before you can finish.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 03:44:00 pm »

No shadows, but I will try the rock and chanting to see if those work. Hopefully one of them will work.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 06:17:55 am »

I tried these other things, but no luck. I restarted yesterday, but I'm now playing on the PSP. The controls are a little different though since there aren't any L2/R2 buttons.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 10:04:17 am »

I tried it out on the PSP and the graphics looked better squeezed down to the smaller screen. but ultimately I stuck with the PS3/TV setup if for no other reason because I already had my saves on there.

I played a couple more hours on it, but if you are going to play it I might wait for you. It was starting to frustrate me last night but I finally got by the part I was struggling with. They introduced a few new things like chanting for temporary invisibility for example.

I like the game pretty good - some pretty good puzzle platforming. Whether or not I stick with it through to the finish remains to be seen. I like playing these old retro games but I really need them to be more like 3-4 hours long instead of 10 or more.

Mess with the MAME stuff yet?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: