MadBlather
April 19, 2024, 12:27:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Abe's Exodus

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Abe's Exodus  (Read 1361 times)
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 10:36:36 am »

Not yet. We haven't been home much the past few days.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 10:50:42 am »

I'm now past the point where I originally had to restart. Just finished the mine cart section.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 11:39:11 pm »

so did you blow up the Mine? Gets harder on the next level. I'm at another frustrating part...
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 07:41:30 pm »

Lauren went to Houston and took the PSP with her. I guess Abe's Exodus will have to wait a couple of weeks.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 08:26:02 pm »

oh well. That game is starting to aggravate me because I die SO much.  Especially in the levels since the mine - I try something I die - try again - die - try again - almost get it but die.  If it keeps doing that I might not be able to hang in there with it.

Well that gives you more time to mess with MAME!
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 01:08:48 pm »

Grrrr..... I'm at a part where I just die die die die.  I have an idea of what I'm supposed to do but can't do it!  REAL close to saying screw it!
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 02:40:19 pm »

When does your PS+ membership expire?  Today they are supposed to be allowing access to Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta. I want to check that out.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 02:51:09 pm »

I think it's good for another week or 2.  I saw that about the U3 access but didn't pay much attention - you know my feeling about betas. But then again it is U3 so maybe I'll check it out too
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2011, 09:32:44 pm »

I tried out Abe's Oddysee a little earlier. Seem's exactly like the 2nd one.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 09:57:25 am »

I got past that one horribly frustrating part but now I'm at another one.  I like the game pretty good but the thing that annoys me about it is that at the level I'm on where I'm releasing the Mudoken spirits from ghost traps there are things you have to do to escape death that there is no way you could possibly figure out quickly enough on the fly to make it happen. So you are forced to die to scope out what you have to do to survive.  I don't like that tactic in games very much.

and a lot of the jumps and climbs require perfect timing with monsters on your tail to eat you if you miss - so just way to much die/respawn.  If I was 80% through it I would hang with it but I get the impression that I might only be like 25% through it so I might be done with it.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2011, 11:06:32 am »

Well, hey, no one ever said you had to finish it. At this point,  you get the gist of the game and have gotten about as much enjoyment out of it as you're gonna get.

I quickly checked  out U3 this morning. It looks like there is a co-op mode in the beta, so we'll have to check that out.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2011, 12:56:37 pm »

True. I almost never actually complete any of the retro games I try out. And I think I've played it long enough to form a representative opinion.

Co-op sounds good.  Although I've been having problems with cable modem lately so it might kick me out like it did before. I need to carry it in to Comcast and get a replacement but I can't do it today because I don't have a car at the moment. Truck is in the shop
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2011, 01:34:08 pm »

What happened to the BMW sports  car?
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2011, 02:14:33 pm »

I stalled. I went to a dealer and the new ones were SO expensive and I couldn't decided whether I wanted a convertible or if a sun/moon roof was sufficient.  If I get a beamer I think I will look for a used 2010 Z4. Still pricey but knocks a lot off the price and still has a hard-top convertible which I would prefer over a ragtop.  I love having a convertible when the weather is not 90+ outside of course I live in Houston where it often is so....   People aren't selling used 2010 models much yet.

Funny thing is that although I would love to HAVE a new car and don't really mind spending the money on it all that much I really hate the whole shopping around thing.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2011, 03:08:33 pm »

getting further off the Abe path in this thread but... have you ever tried the Google Chrome browser?  I got a new laptop for work with it already installed on it and have been messing with it. It seems MUCH faster than IE.  I think I might have to switch to it.  I've always heard people talking about Firefox too but when I tried it once before there was something about it I didn't like. But that was a few years ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: