MadBlather
April 18, 2024, 06:11:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Batman Arkham City

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Batman Arkham City  (Read 531 times)
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 06:36:20 pm »

yeah I'm a little stuck but I had already played for several hours so I didn't mess with Freeze very long. I'm guessing I'm supposed to try and get him in between those two cables and then hit the power to hopefully short circuit him?  I haven't really had a chance to survey the area for any thing else much since he just keep coming after me. I stalled his weapon with my gun jammer device (you might not have that upgrade) which let me put a beat down on him for a while but it didn't really do much damage and he adjusted his suit so that my jammer doesn't work anymore.  I'm guessing the Riddler side mission you are talking about is where the medical staff was missing - I heard that on the radio but they kept saying that I was near death so I figured the more realistic thing would be to find al Goul and get the cure and then pursue the missing medical workers, but of course I'm sure if I'd gone off after Riddler trophies or the medical workers or whatever I wouldn't have actually died but I still feel somewhat compelled to stick with the reality of the situation.

I thought Solomon Grundy was going to be harder than he was - even on Hard he wasn't too tough, although he did kill me a few times before I finished him off.  When the message said to hit the button to "Finish Grundy" did you hit it right away or try to figure out something else to do?  To me it seemed like it was offering you the choice of killing him which seemed wrong so I looked around for a while and tried to get out and tried to hit Penguin with a remote batarang, etc until it seemed apparent that there was nothing else to do so I went back to "finish him" which of course triggered the rest of the level.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 07:11:09 pm »

I pretty much just finished Grundy.  I tried the gun jammer on Freeze but it didn't work for me. The catch with Freeze is that each attack you try can only be tried once against him.

Yeah, the missing medical workers is the Riddler mission. I usually try to work in side missions on these types of games so I can prolong the story longer, but that's just me. It has been awhile since Catwoman showed up. I'm ready for her and her catsuit to reappear.

What did you think of the Ras Al Goul section? I thought it was BMAC's attempt at the Scarecrow section of the 1st game. It was a pretty decent boss fight I suppose. His daughter has a nice ass. These Rocksteady guys can animate hot ass like nobody's business.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 07:20:47 pm »

I had the exact same thought about the al Goul level - I kept waiting for some sort of mind-bender hallucination type of thing and that was it.  The actual final boss battle against him where he was throwing out the stars etc at you and you kept having to run around and shoot energy charges at him reminded me of the God of War boss battle against Ares.  Now THAT was a tough battle on Hard.

And I concur - Einstein himself would be proud of the ass-physics involved in Rocksteady's games.  Their tit algorithms are quite impressive as well. Basically every chick in the Rocksteady world is a hot piece of tail.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 10:53:16 am »

The cool cruel Mr. Freeze is kicking my butt so far. I checked the batcomputer and see the various ways to hit him and have been able to get about 4-5 of them done but not enough to down him. The one that is really giving me trouble is the walking by a collapsible wall that I detonate with the explosive gel. I keep thinking I have him where I need him but the explosion doesn't phase him so I guess he isn't close enough.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 12:26:06 pm »

I just beat Freeze. So I see that I didn't have to actually do ALL of them just like 8 of them or whatever. I'm guessing maybe I had to do a few more than you did since I was on Hard but I don't know. Then I saved Vickie Vale now I heard from Alfred that my guys actually made a cure so I switched to that side mission instead of chasing Harley for the one she stole. 
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 12:29:45 pm »

Good thing nobody else actually reads this stuff except us I guess since I just realized I'm throwing out spoilers here and there...
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 02:36:42 pm »

On normal you only had to hit him maybe 5 times. I didn't even try the wall one. I should have done that one.

You have now officially passed me up. I'll have to play some tonight.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 04:01:47 pm »

oops I'll start being a little more careful on any potential spoilers then. 

The more I play this game the more I like it. Good fighting action against a variety of grunt baddies, sound and graphics are excellent, several good boss fights already against some classic Batman baddies that plays well with an an old former comic book geek like myself, good story, and I like the way they have worked in the open-world side mission stuff to expand the playable content but were able to make it feel more naturally interwoven with the overall story unlike Rock Star style where to me they always felt more random, artificial and tangential.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 05:10:27 pm »

Yeah, I think they did the side mission stuff well in this game. I think it helps that they have an entire world of bad guys to tie the side stuff to. In the world of comic books, no hero has a stable of villians to select from quite like Batman. His bad guys are almost as famous as the Bat himself.

However, I think GTA Vice City will always be my favorite game of all time.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 09:58:53 pm »

I did the Vicky Vale mission but I haven't done the side mission where they made a cure yet. I went searching for Freeze's wife but couldn't find my way in. Then I went to the Steel Mill and went in for the Joker. Now I'm back playing as Catwoman. Stopping here for the night.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 11:01:13 am »

I'd be very hard-pressed to name my absolute favorite video game of all-time. I could probably put a list together of my top 10-20 favorites, but the top several would be extremely tough for me to actually put in order. I didn't even realize going to look for Freeze's wife was an available side mission. It did strike me as odd that it wasn't and that Freeze asked me to save her but then immediately switched into "never mind I'll just kill you" mode. One nit-picky unrealistic thing throughout is if you batclaw yourself to the floor of a ledge right at a guys feet for a ledge takedown it makes this big clank noise when it hits and attaches but they never hear it.

I'm currently in the Steel Mill too, but I have not gotten back to playing as Catwoman again yet
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 11:47:00 am »

GTA Vice City was the game that really hooked me into console gaming when I played it back in 2006 and led to getting the PS3 and the dozens of games I've played on it.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 08:27:07 pm »

OK, I've now completed the Catwoman section I was on, then the Alfred cure side mission, and then the next phase of the story. I think I'm getting to the end of the story, so I'm going to stop and go tackle some side missions for a while.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2011, 01:15:46 am »

Well I'm in a big all-out brawl with Joker and a ton of his goons in the steel mill and still haven't seen Catwoman again - I guess you are already past that part...
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 05:35:49 am »

Yeah, I'm passed that part. I guess since you're playing on hard, you've got to get passed more bad guys than I did.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: