MadBlather
April 18, 2024, 02:19:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Playstation Plus

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Playstation Plus  (Read 898 times)
Fallguy40

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2012, 11:12:00 am »

Some pretty good stuff available in February:  the Simpsons arcade game, Final Fantasy V, a couple of minis, and later this month, the PS3 game Far Cry 2.

Also, they now have a game trial of Madden 12 to compare vs. NCAA 12.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 12:08:36 pm »

I saw that - I actually started to do a post about the Simpsons but trashed it because I wasn't all that jazzed about the game. Like you I've never been much into the arcade brawler/beat 'em up games. I did download it and try it out a bit though. Downloaded all the other stuff last night too.

I definitely want to try Far Cry 2 when it comes out - I expect to like that one pretty well.  I am also intrigued by the Final Fantasy game. That is one of those classic PlayStation franchises I've heard about a million times but have never actually played - so I've always been curious about them.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 12:21:04 pm »

Same here on the Final Fantasy.

I tried Far Cry 2 sometime last year on a game trial. I think it was decent.

I'm downloading Madden to try it out for an hour. I used to have Madden 09 so I'll see if the game hasn't changed any.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 11:09:58 am »

Seven free games were made available yesterday including the previously mentioned Far Cry 2. Not sure which ones as I haven't finished downloading them yet.  I think this is the most free games at once they've ever done.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 12:16:01 pm »

Cool - I'll download them and check them out. I really do need to hit Black Ops before I hit Far Cry 2 but I definitely will play it.  On another topic what do you think the chances are of you making the drive down for the Pinball Festival next month in Grapevine?  Just curious. Pungent Onion and I are both planning on going.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 12:42:34 pm »

It's going to depend on if Lauren is playing softball that weekend and at this point, it's too soon for me to know. If she isn't, then I think I can make it for the Saturday.

Still havent started Black Ops? 
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 01:19:28 pm »

Not yet, but I think I'll finally boot it up tonight and check it out.  We can't play multiplayer though because it is the 360 version
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 03:34:53 pm »

I know on the black ops. sounds like you've been playing a lot of pinball.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 03:51:10 pm »

Yeah - 90% of my playtime the last month or so has been pinball.  Onion came over last weekend to check it out and we must have played Spidey for like 7 hours or something like that. And unlike the arcade you can't sit on a stool and play so it was getting a little tiring on the legs and feet toward the end.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 08:40:10 am »

Please be sure to ask you doctor if you are healthy enough for pinball. They have pills for that sort of thing; you know, when the moment is right.

I saw you online last night. Did you download the free stuff? Try any of it?

I was playing some MW3 with the guys from work. Playing with people you know increases the online fun factor exponentially.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 10:21:17 am »

I started downloading all the free stuff and finished a few with the others still pending. I only tried a couple of the minis so far. Usually I consider those fairly worthless although I occasionally come across one I like.  I kind of enjoyed the Hungry Giraffe - have you tried that one yet? Don't know how long the playability would last but I liked it the few times I played it last night.

Do you keep all your minis on your PS3?  If so your installed games list must be immense.

Agreed on the online with people you know.  I have relatively little interest these days of playing online matches with random strangers but I do quite enjoy it when on the rare occasions I play online with people I know. The only problem is I know so few people that game and of those they are split on the consoles they own and of those subsets many don't like the same games I do... so its pretty hard for me to check all those boxes to get more than a couple of people together at once - i.e. you and Onion for Uncharted stuff.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 10:32:30 am »

Yeah, I have tried that Giraffe game. It was decent. Not something I'd spend long streches on or anything. It's a typical phone/tablet computer game. I finished downloading the rest of the stuff last  night. I haven't looked at them all  yet; just a few.

I've got probably 50 of those minis on my PS3, along with 25 or so PS1  games and about 50 PSN games. I checked yesterday and I'm down to 21 gb of space. I really haven't completed all that many of them though.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 10:54:00 am »

yeah I wouldn't play it for long stretches either, I'm just wondering how long it would hold up as a viable option in the hit-it-for-a-few-minutes-of-quick-fun category. I thought it was a decent representative of that sort of Angry Birds, Stupid Zombies type of game. Overall I'm still not a fan of the mini, phone game, social gaming, etc. genre.

Although I did play quite a bit of that tower defense game that I can't remember the name of - Vectroid or something like that? It got deleted when my old PS3 crapped out and my PS+ subscription expired so I don't have it anymore. But I had stopped playing it anyway by that time.

Yeah I added up the $ value of all the games that out free right now for PS+ and it was around $150.  Lots of free value out there this month. Although I'm getting further and further behind on my gaming now!
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 06:46:36 pm »

Face  it, you'll never catch up. Some titles will just have to fall by the wayside.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 07:54:46 pm »

OK fine. I'll cross Hungry Giraffe and Orbit off the list. But I'm gonna play the rest!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: