MadBlather
March 28, 2024, 04:21:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What DLC have you bought?

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: What DLC have you bought?  (Read 740 times)
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: September 17, 2010, 07:15:03 pm »

With the new Retro Gamer mag about Lara Croft and the game trade with Fallguy40 for Tomb Raider Underworld I have been experiencing a Tomb Raider revival lately.  So I am seriously considering buying the new downloadable game - Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. Right now it is only available on the 360 I think - but it will soon be available on PSN too (if it isn't already).

So.... I was just wondering a) do you guys have any interest in downloading this game (if you've even heard of it) and moreso, what DLC have you purchased?

I haven't downloaded much myself. So far on the PS3 I have downloaded the add-on map packs for Uncharted 2 (definitely worth it) and the freebie (at the time) Rag Doll Kung Fu (not very good). For the XBOX360 I have downloaded Limbo and Trials HD - both excellent.

How about you guys?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 09:43:40 pm »

I've seen some screen shots of the new Tomb Raider game. It looks pretty good. I've always been a fan of the series so I'll probably try it out. Have you started that Tomb Raider game I sent you?

I've bought tons of games and DLC. I've gotten more from PS+ but here's what I can remember that I've actually bought:

Tomb Raider I
Tomb Raider II
Twisted Metal II
Metal Gear Solid
COD IV: both map packs
COD World at War: all three map packs
COD Modern Warfare 2: the first map pack
Fallout 3: Broken Steel and Point Lookout
Little Big Planet: Metal Gear Solid, Pirates of the Caribbean and Marvel Comics expansions + assorted costumes
Batman Arkham Asylum: the free challenge rooms
Joe Danger
High Velocity Bowling
Fat Princess
MLB the Show: Classic ballparks
Uncharted 2: expansion maps and modes
Beatles Rock Band: a few songs
Rock Band 2: a few songs
Singstar: more songs
Motorstorm: new tracks
Assassins Creed 2: the two missing Memory levels
BurnoutParadise: the free expansions
Burnout Legends
Gottlieb Pinball Hall of Fame
Crash Commando
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 09:50:49 pm »

To be more accurate, that was a list of dlc I've either bought or got for free not including the PS+ stuff. Oh, there was one expansion to Burnout that I paid for that was a stunt island. Don't remember the name.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 10:35:55 am »

I checked on the ps3 release date for guardian of light. September 28. It's out right now on 360 but the co-op mode doesn't work yet. It won't be available on 360 until the PS3 release date. PS3 release is the full game with co-op included.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 12:53:38 pm »

oh OK well then if you are considering buying it too then I'll definitely just wait for the PS3 one to come out if I get it so we can try the co-op. I knew you had bought a lot more DLC than I had.  So no Wii-ware or virtual console stuff?
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 01:31:17 pm »

No, I never tried the Wii DLC. They have a lot of stuff for virtual console.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 08:56:37 pm »

I tried out the demo for Lara Croft: Guardian of Light. It's pretty good. A lot better than I expected. The new camera perspective works just fine. I was wondering what I would think of it but no problems at all.

Give it a try.

Have you tried out Tomb Raider Underworld yet? Didn't know if you wanted to play that first before starting this game.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 08:58:32 pm »

Oh yeah, add COD Modern Warfare 2 map pack 2 to my DLC list. It's a much better map pack than the first one. You get an amusement park (my favorite), an oil refinery, a trailer park, and the classic Vacant and District maps from COD4.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 09:03:04 pm »

I plan on getting it. I heard great things and comparisons were made to robotron with the mechanic and it's got co-op coming - sounds like a easy decision to buy. I might download the demo, but if I don't I'll just take the plunge.  Nope, I haven't started Underworld yet.  I've been so busy at work I haven't had time to play any games for any length of time so I just do a few minutes here and there with old stuff or the arcade. I'm not too concerned about playing Underword before GOL. I can play either one whenever.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 09:16:30 pm »

I can see the Robotron comparison.
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 01:28:21 pm »

It's been awhile so I thought I'd update my DLC/PSN games acquisitions:

Hustle Kings:  bought it for $5 (thanks to a 50% off sale for PS+ users). Great pool game. Very impressed with it. has online play.

Shatter: Breakout-style game with some new twists. Got it for free with PS+. Not bad.

Critter Crunch: a really fun puzzle game that was free with PS+.

Burn Zombie Burn: another free game from PS+. Your basic swarming zombies game. seems fun but haven't played it too much.

Red Read Redemption Undead Nightmare: bought the DLC for 1/2 off (PS+ sale) for future play. Decided to go ahead and get it while it was one sale.

Zen Pinball: free with PS+. It's a pinball game. All the tables are originals. Pretty fun but I think I prefer the Gottlieb collection on the PSP.

Sackboy's Prehistoric Move: free for PS+ users. Requires a Move controller so I haven't played it yet.

Mushroom Wars: tower defense strategy game. not bad for free.

I think that's it. PS+ has also given out several Mini games but I haven't messed with them much.

Speaking of PS+: I got a beta code today for the LittleBigPlanet 2 online beta so I'll be messing around with that.l
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 12:19:22 pm »

If I got the PS+ now would that allow me to go back and get all those games for free too or would it just start with new ones and go from there?
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 03:31:32 pm »

It would start with the new ones and go from there.
Report Spam   Logged
MadPlanet
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 10:45:17 pm »

yeah that's what I figured - makes sense. How much is that again?  See?  If you hadn't deleted your blog I could go back and check your post on it!!
Report Spam   Logged
Fallguy40

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 07:30:06 am »

You can sign up for like $50 per year or in 3 month blocks. not sure what the 3 month cost is. I'm not sure it would be worthwhile for you as you don't seem to use your PS3 as much as you used to.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: